The tribal wisdom of the Plains Indians, passed on from generation to generation, says that:
"When you discover that you are riding a dead
horse, the best strategy is to dismount."
in government more advanced strategies are often employed, such
1. Buying a stronger whip.
3. Appointing a committee to study the
4. Arranging to visit other countries to see how other
cultures ride dead horses.
5. Lowering the standards so that
dead horses can be included.
6. Reclassifying the dead horse as
7. Hiring outside contractors to ride the dead
8. Harnessing several dead horses together to increase
9. Providing additional funding and/or training to
increase the dead horse's performance.
10. Doing a productivity
study to see if lighter riders would improve the dead horse's
11. Declaring that as the dead horse does not have
to be fed, it is less costly, carries lower overhead and therefore
contributes substantially more to the bottom line of the economy than do
some other horses.
12. Rewriting the expected performance
requirements for all horses.
And, of course...
Promoting the dead horse to a supervisory