HistoryDallas was created by an act of the Georgia General Assembly on February 8, 1854, on 40 acres (160,000 m2) purchased from Garrett H. Spinks on May 14, 1852, for $1000. The first Commissioners were James H. Ballinger, James S. Hackett, Hezekiah Harrison, John S. Poole, and Garrett H. Spinks.
In the late 1850s the town no longer elected officers and a new charter was issued in 1883.
Public AccessOn Comcast Channel 24 news, information, upcoming event descriptions, dates and times, and photos of other events are posted. The Government-access television (GATV) cable TV channel provides key information to residents of the City Of Dallas and Paulding County. Also Television Shorts on how to conserve water, electricity, and grease filled drainage systems. It provides messages from the Mayor and other key board members to the city.
Paulding County School DistrictThe Paulding County School District holds grades pre-school to grade twelve, that consists of twenty elementary schools, eight middle schools, and five high schools. The district has 1,212 full-time teachers and over 19,283 students.
- Cecil Butler, professional baseball player
- Jayne County, punk rock star
- Christopher Dudley, Keyboardist of UnderOATH
- Gary North (economist); Christian economic historian and publisher
- Ray Traylor (May 2, 1963 – September 22, 2004), American professional wrestler. He was best known for his appearances with World Wrestling Entertainment under the ring name Big Boss Man (sometimes spelled Big Bossman).
- Zack Wheeler, pitcher, #6 overall pick in the 2009 Major League Baseball Draft for the New York Mets
- Travis Tritt, Country Music Star
- Patty LovelessCountry Music Star (current resident, formerly of Pikeville, Kentucky)