Monday, February 11, 2013

Poem For Computer Users Over Forty

A computer was something on TV
From a Science Fiction show of note.
A window was something you hated to clean
And ram was the father of a goat.

Meg was the name of my girlfriend
and gig was a job for the nights.
Now they all mean different things
And that really mega bytes.

An application was for employment
A program was a TV show
A cursor used profanity
A keyboard was a piano.

A Memory was something that you lost with age.
A CD was a bank account.
And if you had a 3 inch floppy -
You hoped nobody found out.

Compress was something you did to the garbage
Not something you did to a file.
And if you unzipped in public
You'd be in jail for awhile.

Log on was adding wood to the fire.
Hard drive was a long trip on the road.
A mouse pad was where a mouse lived.
And a backup happened to your commode.

Cut you did with a pocket knife.
Paste you did with glue.
A web was a spider's home.
And virus was the flu.

I guess I'll stick with my pad and paper
And the memory in my head.
I hear nobody's been killed in a computer crash
But when it happens they wish they were dead!

Source: Internet

No comments:

Post a Comment