Saturday, March 2, 2013

Southern Expressions

Southern sayings about bad character

  • You're lower than a snake's belly in a wagon rut.
  • She’s meaner than a wet panther.
  • He's a snake in the grass.
  • Why that egg-suckin' dawg!
 When Southerners are busy:
  • I been running all over hell's half acre.
  • She's busier than a cat covering crap on a marble floor.
  • I'm as busy as a one-legged cat in a sandbox.
  • Busier than a moth in a mitten!

Southern sayings about conceit and vanity:


  • She's so stuck up, she'd drown in a rainstorm.
  • She’s stuck up higher than a light-pole.

Southern expressions about being broke or poor:

  • Too poor to paint, too proud to whitewash.
  • I'm just poor as a church mouse.
  • I'm so poor I can't afford to pay attention.
  • He was so poor, he had a tumbleweed as a pet.
  • I couldn’t buy a hummingbird on a string for a nickel.
  • I’m so poor I couldn’t jump over a nickel to save a dime.
Source: Internet

No comments:

Post a Comment