Monday, September 9, 2013
Ten Reasons Why Gold Is So Valuable
1. Gold is not only the most malleable, but the most ductile metal that we have discovered.
2. Chemically, gold also happens to be the least reactive, aside from noble gases.
3. Gold has been seen as extremely valuable since ancient, unrecorded times. We have proof of this in the jewellery, coinage and additional arts and decorative that have been found in archaeological digs.
4. Gold tends to withstand, likely because it is resistant to individuals acid attacks.
5. Gold is used in many industries . It is commonly used in electronics, jewellery, dentistry, the production of colored glass and even to detail fine china.
6. Due to it being a naturally occurring metal, it is considered to be fairly rare . In fact, it is most frequently found during abundant mining of other metals like copper.
7. Gold is able to easily create alloys with countless other metals.
8. Aside from gold being a wonderful conductor of electricity and heat, it will also strongly reflect infrared radiation.
9. Unlike many other metals, gold will not be affected by moisture, air or the majority of corrosive agents. This is why it is commonly used in jewellery, as a coating for metals that are more reactive and for coinage.
10 . Gold has been used worldwide monetarily – and still is – whether by coinage, standards or convertible shares.